Thursday, January 11, 2007

Robert Anton Wilson: 23 Skidoo

Well, there goes another piece of my nerdish childhood -- co-author of whacked-out drug-fueled cartoon-sex-infused "fairy tale for paranoids" The Illuminatus! Trilogy (and a lot of other stuff), Robert Anton Wilson has died after a lengthy illness. (According to a post on RAW's blog.)

Welp, Kerry Thornley's been dead for a while. Greg Hill's been dead for a while. Robert Shea's been dead for a while. Timothy Leary's been dead (and outside looking in) for a while. Not many people left from that crazy crowd anymore. Paul Krassner, take care of yourself. You might win the tontine yet.

Fnord.


MEANWHILE ...


Another prominent figure from my misspent yoof, LSD discoverer Albert Hofmann, turned 101 years old today. Yay!



MEANWHILE ...


Another prominent figure from my misspent yoof, LSD discoverer Albert Hofmann, turned 101 years old today. Yay!

Sorry ... that was a little flashback. I told you my yoof was misspent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krassner's still alive?! I thought I killed him after he sued me for using the Jefferson Starship name. Live and learn.

Stronger Than Dirt Pete Moss said...

Indeed. I am reminded of the words of Homer J. Simpson (text and audio):

http://www.disinfotainmenttoday.com/issue08.htm

"The first problem I have with Paul Krassner is that the only good song he wrote for The Jefferson Airplane was, 'Crown of Creation.' And even then his name is spelled K-a-n-t-n-e-r even though it is pronounced Krassner."

Anonymous said...

In the immortal words of Barney (and myownself,)
"BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!"

Good night, San Francisco.

(What? We're not? Then where am I?)