Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hall of Mosses of Semi-Fame (induction ceremony number 1)


Imaginary people often say to me, or email me or IM me, what have you, and say to me, Stronger Than Dirt Pete Moss, your blog is on fire, mi amigo, it is en fuego. Are there any other unz out there like you? And can you italicize this when you quote it? It's a personal dream. Thank you, I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

Stronger Than Dirt Pete Moss is far from the only Moss around, boyo. So we're killing ... er, devoting a little time to pay tribute to the Semi-Famous Mosses of the Internet, (probably not) to be a semi-regular feature of the Colicky Baby Records and Tapes blog.

Please hold your applause until the end. Yeah, hold it between your knees.

I'm sorry, that was totally uncalled-for. On to the ceremony.

Our first celebrant:

Moss from "The I.T. Crowd"


Moss was too shy and frightened to be here this evening, but in his place ... we have no one. Well, we'll let him in the Hall of Mosses anyway, because he's a somewhat funny contemporary British sitcom character, and we here at CBRAT wish to mock the hell out of stuff like that to cover for the embarrassing fact that we like it as much as we do.

OK, blog wheels rolling, moving on:

Second up:

Moss from "Drinking With Moss"


This guy ... Moss ... owner of the Double Down, a dive bar in Vegas ... does a weird sort of talk show where he drinks with ... well, himself, Moss, but also guests. It's fairly entertaining. And kind of fucked up.

And, uh ... that's all the semi-famous Mosses for this time around. Modesty (and a grounded sense of reality) prevents me from nominating myself.

Honorary inductee:

Van Dyke Parks


Why Van Dyke Parks? Because we, meaning me, STD, sympathize with the unfortunate result of initializing his first name. That's why.

Also, why not? "Song Cycle" was way ahead of its time. Unfortunately, its time was also one that didn't stick around long when it got here. If it ever did.

Thanks for joining us. That's our show for tonight. Good night.

No comments: