Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Old Man and the Cockaroaches

It's a good thing I don't have any upstairs neighbor right now. The upstairs apartment is the only one in the building that directly adjoins mine on any plane, and the Bird Lady got booted, so I haven't had an upstairs neighbor for a few weeks.

I do have some unwanted co-tenants, though. Bugs. Cockroaches. Not a huge infestation, but, frankly, even one is too many. And there are more than one. Godot the Pest Control Man is supposed to come soon, but in the meantime, I'm getting a little roach crazy. On edge, to say the least. And the on-edge vocalizations from here in the Basement Unit lately are probably not things a neighbor wants to hear.

For example. Just now had to go get another beer (cuz my prior beer ran dry), and entering the kitchen, I grabbed my Swiffer dustmop, flipped on the lights, and slammed the Swiffer on the floor, yelling "Something's gonna die!!!"

No bugs. Got my beer.

This time.

No comments: