Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Reasons to be Colicky, Part Million and Three

So the weather gets nice, and I come down with a head cold. I blame the goddamn germ-ridden airplane and/or hotel crowd from last week. Traveling is, for so many reasons, completely and totally evil. I should have been born a tree. But then I'd probably have really horrible allergies. And birds living in me. I hate birds.

Head colds suck, but I guess they're not all bad. In the the half glass empty column: Coughing, aches, chills, congestion, nose bleediness. On the other hand, in the half glass full column: Feeling vaguely like I'm on a low-grade psychedelic drug all the time.

The full glass full viewpoint (and by "full glass full," I mean "full glass empty"): This cold will probably end within a couple of days, just in time for the weather to get cold and snowy again (damn you, Tom Skilling).

Cough cough cough. Cough cough.

Etc.

Template-Related Update: I hate this hated the new color scheme like meeces to pieces. I'm going So I went (more or less, with some tweaks) back to the unreadable white-on-black burgoo as soon as I garner garnered the energy. James Garner Garnered. Insert answering machine joke here, a la The Rockford Files.

And if you find the unreadability of the blog itself too much to deal with, I suggest reading the site in some kind of RSS viewy setup. Google Reader is not bad. I don't, by the way, recommend "My Yahoo" for this purpose or for any other, because it sucks hairy testicleeze. It rarely updates correctly, things disappear all the time for no reason, it's unnecessarily challenging to edit, etc. etc. etc. Not a problem on your end? OK, so use it then. Hunky dory.

Oh yeah, by the way -- cough cough. Cough cough cough cough cough. Cough.

Template-Related Update #2 (March 15): As of now, I've reverted completely to the old template, and perhaps I've learned a lesson from the last week of frustrating non-productive tinkering. But I wouldn't bet on it.

1 comment:

Mr. Insert Namehere said...

>Not a problem on your end? OK, so use it then. Hunky dory.

No, not a problem on my end, it works great, but now I expect it to crap out on me, somehow, just by acknowledging a universe in which is does.

Serves me right for ruining Spalding Gray for you!