Friday, March 09, 2007

And We're Back

Yes, the entire staff of CBRAT has succesfully returned from the big unnamed conference in Washington, D.C., where we got to wear a "PRESS" badge and eat some free food and attend a bunch of panel discussions about stuff, including a couple with some semi-famous people who I won't shout out here cuz I'm into the vagueness thing right now.

It wasn't a bad trip, but there's no place like home, Wiz. Sure, I have to provide my own turn-down service (which comes naturally to me -- I just tell myself "no" straight out -- no leading myself on with "maybes" or go-nowhere pity dates -- because I just don't like myself "that way" -- get it? "turn-down"? ha ha ha).

It's beyond time to try to get some substantial posts together and maybe garner some non-Wendy-Snyder-related interest in the blog (a tall order, I know), but tonight I think I'm just going to relax, drink some beer, and enjoy not being on the road. Cuz I am Tireder Than Dirt at the moment. Plus, I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on, let alone writing.

My childhood hero Henry Reed once said that he didn't understand why people think traveling is so tiring, because you're just sitting down the whole time. Well, Henry didn't have to schlepp to the remote economy lot at O'Hare, which I think is actually located in the Quad Cities (Bettendorf, to be specific). So, pffttthhhppp. (That's a sleepy sort of raspberry noise there.)

And Chicago has warmed up in my absence. Which is a huge relief. D.C. had a little snow "storm" the other day ... it's hugely amusing to watch a big city paralyzed by one inch of flakes when you can watch it from the comfort of your expensive hotel room. If I weren't so lazy, I'd make a "flakes" joke about D.C., cuz so many come to mind, but ... lazy. So lazy.

OK. That's enough for now. Moss out.

1 comment:

Feral Mom said...

Welcome back!