Saturday, July 22, 2006

Show Review: Scott H. Biram at the Abbey Pub, July 21, 2006


"The 'H' stands for 'Fuck You'!"

"This is a song from my new record, which, ah, came out Tuesday, but the story go way back to 1974, the year I was born. That was the year that I learned I love barbecue, suckin on my momma titty. That's the way it happens down in Austin, Texas -- you get born, and yo momma shoot brisket out her titty."

"I'm gonna tell you right now, motherfucker! If you don't like country music, you can kiss my ass, suck my dick, lick my balls, and get out! This is AMERICA, motherfucker!!!"

2 comments:

thebeardedpig said...

I of course haven't seen him live yet (I'm sure he will be a smash here in France though, where they don't like country music and they love to kiss asses,etc.), but I think when I do it will be a strange simultaneous feeling of awe and fear. Is he just a big talker with a pussycat underneath, or is he really as aggressive as the quotations suggest?

Stronger Than Dirt Pete Moss said...

Well, I hate to "break kayfabe," as the pro wrestlers say, but he seems like a personable gent. I've said hello to him at the merch table & he didn't shiv me.

I met one of his roadies at the Touch & Go festival last September (who approached cuz I was wearing a Biram t-shirt) and he seemed to find his job enjoyable.

I think he just blew thru Europe recently ... he seems to get out there once a year or so. Bloodshot should have a link to his homepage with tour info etc.