Friday, September 05, 2008

Blogpourri: Some bad news, some more bad news, and some videos

First of all, let me be the latest (but far from the first) to opine that Firefox 3 stinks like Charles Bukowski's abscessed taint. Slow fucking crash-prone resource-gobbling swirly loaf of soft-serv corn-studded fecal matter of a browser. OK, that's a little overboard. It has some nice features, but it is a slow memory-chomper. Granted, I'm using XP on an old machine, but fuck that. Fuck that excuse. Fuck it. Fuck it till it chafes and politely asks you to stop, then freezes up and mutherfucking dies.

Can you tell that I'm trying to quit smoking again? Yeah, I'm up to 72 hours now. Not quite past the hair-trigger rage phase as of yet.

Second -- god damn it. Just when I was allowing myself to feel good for a second about Our Favorite Ball Club, Carlos Quentin Tarantino-Crisp apparently injures himself via spazmattack tantrum, seemingly taking himself out of the season. He might still win MVP, only this "MVP" will stand for "Most Velvety Pussy." Oh man, that was totally uncalled for. I'm sorry. Especially since as of right now, the White Sox are beating the Angels 5 7 to nothing. Woulda been nice if they coulda done that at the only game I managed to get to this season -- at which the Angels beat them 3 to zero -- but, hey, you can't have everything. Or, in my case, anything.

Second and a half -- in slightly hilarious news, the Cubs are getting their panties raided and handed back to them in knots by the mighty Cincinnati Reds tonight. Not to exhibit ill-will toward my fellow Chicagoans, but -- HAH!!!!

And now, the veedeos. For no reason at all, I'm in the mood for some loud testosteronated semi-obscure '70s guitar rock crap. So here's a few of those. Rock till you can't stand it (or those nearby can't stand you, whichever comes first).



Captain Beyond - Dancing Madly Backwards (On a Sea of Air)




Bloodrock - Gotta Find a Way



Flower Travellin' Band - 8mm footage


OK, that should do it for now.

No comments: