Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Bad Joke Post

This is my favorite bad joke. I never get tired of it. I have no idea who wrote it. Here's how it goes.

Fella sez to his friend, "Hey, pally, yer never gonna believe this dog I picked up at the pound! He can talk! He's a talking dog!"

His friend sez, "Aw, that's bullshit. Prove it to me."

So the fella sez to the dog, "OK, Spot, what's the texture of sandpaper?"

Dog sez, "Rough!"

Fella sez, "Still not convinced, eh? Well, watch this," and he sez to the dog, "What do they call the thing on top of the house?"

Dog sez, "Roof!"

But the friend still ain't buying it. So the fella with the dog asks one more question.

"Hey, Spot, who was the greatest ballplayer of all time?"

Dog sez, "Lou Gehrig!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i remember abbott and costello doing that bit

Stronger Than Dirt Pete Moss said...

Could be.

Here's another version of the joke, with a different sort of misdirection at the end. It's probably the "correct" rendition, but I like the simpler version better, cuz it's stupider:

A man walks into a bar with a dog. The bartender says, "You can't bring that dog in here."

"You don't understand," says the man. "This is no regular dog, he can talk."

"Listen, pal," says the bartender. "If that dog can talk, I'll give you a hundred bucks."

The man puts the dog on a stool, and asks him, "What's on top of a house?"

"Roof!"

"Right. And what's on the outside of a tree?"

"Bark!"

"And who's the greatest baseball player of all time?"

"Ruth!"

"I guess you've heard enough," says the man. "I'll take the hundred in twenties."

The bartender is furious. "Listen, pal," he says, "get out of here before I belt you."

As soon as they're on the street, the dog turns to the man and says, "Do you think I should have said 'DiMaggio'?"