Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blogging? Nobody blogs anymore. These days, all the cool kids are over by the Book Face

Yeah, I know it's dead here. In the meantime, here's a Chicago joke.

Man's sitting at a table in a Chicago restaurant. Calls over the waiter, sez, "Waiter, there's a fly in my soup."

Waiter bends over to look. Straightens up and sez, "I'm sorry, sir, but that fly is a real estate developer, and he's allowed to go wherever and do whatever he wants."

"But that's my dinner!"

Waiter leans over to look at the bowl again. "Well, it is a TIF district, sir."

"I'm paying good money for that soup!"

"Now, sir, you know you can't stop progress."

The argument continues for a while, until finally the waiter subpoenas all the man's friends and relatives, who convince the man to give up and go home.

All right, my friend. Now you laugh. Or my associate Rocco here maybe stops over by yer house for a little chat later on tonight. Maybe he brings his pal, Louisville Slugger.

OK, that's better.

No comments: