Friday, June 22, 2007

Oh it's been so long

That's what she said.

Anyway, wow, I suck. No blogs lately.

The muse remains on summer break, but in the meantime, here's a small YouTube contingent in tribute to the anonymous dude behind myself, pulling the puppet strings that are Stronger Than Dirt Pete Moss ...



The Nazz - Not Wrong Long

Addendum:




(Too-short snippet of) Lord Buckley - The Nazz

Seriously, watch that one. Gate of Horn -- you cannot hardly get more "Chicago" than that. Take that, Michiflanderers and Hosers (or whatever you're called)!

There. Now I feel a little less inadequate qua my blogeurishness.

PS - Remind me to do an obsessive post about Chicago folk music history someday. I'll enjoy putting it together.

Here is an appetizer:



John Prine - Souvenirs

PPS - And one more because I can't resist:



Steve Goodman and Jethro Burns - City of New Orleans

No comments: